Combustion With Sound

Innovative Sound and Music Design

Most Common FAQ’s About Medical Marijuana

Q. Where can I find a dispensary?

The Arkansas Department of Health has no information on dispensaries. To learn more about the dispensary, go here.

When a patient files for a Medical Marijuana ID card, what information and paperwork are required?

When submitting your application, you must provide the following information:

  • The application form is available here.
  • The written certification from a physician has been completed.
  • Photocopy of your Arkansas driver’s license or state ID (note, the name, and address on your Arkansas driver’s license or ID must match).
  • The $50 application fee is non-refundable.

Q. How long will my identification card be valid?

The Arkansas Department of Health will provide you a registration identification card that will be valid for one year from the date it is issued OR the period of time specified by the physician.

Q. When can I have my ID card renewed?

We recommend that you renew your card at least 30 days before it expires.

Q. What does renewal entail?

You’ll need a current Physician Written Certification, the most recent copy of your Arkansas driver’s license or identity card, and a credit/debit card if you apply online.

A Patient Registry Application, updated Physician Written Certification, most recent copy of your Arkansas driver’s license or identity card, and a check/money order for $50 for patient applications and $87 for caregiver applications are required if applying by mail.

Q. When I submit my renewal, how long will it take for it to be approved?

It may take up to 14 days for your renewal to be processed.

Q. I live in another state and have a serious medical condition that qualifies. Is it possible for me to apply?

As a visiting patient, you can apply. Apply through the Visiting Patient application form by clicking here.

You’ll need a medical marijuana card from your native state or an equivalent.

The cost of an application for a visiting patient is $50.00. (non-refundable). A visiting patient may acquire medical marijuana in Arkansas for a 30-day period if approved, according to the application.

Q. Will my privacy be protected when I apply for medical marijuana and if I am approved?

Yes. The following information received and records maintained by the Arkansas Department of Health Medical Marijuana Section are subject to all applicable federal privacy laws, are confidential, are exempt from the Freedom of Information Act, and are not subject to disclosure to any individual, public or private entity, except for authorized department employees performing official duties for the medical marijuana program. Only the legitimacy of an ID card will be able to be verified by law enforcement.

Q. Is it legal to use medical marijuana in Arkansas?

No, it is illegal to use medical cannabis on a school bus, on the grounds of any preschool, primary, or secondary school, in any correctional facility, in any motor vehicle, in a private residence used at any time to provide licensed child care or other similar social service care on the premises, or in any public place where an individual could reasonably expect to be observed by others. A public place is any component of a building that is owned or leased by the state or local government in whole or in part. A private residence is not considered a public venue unless it is utilized to provide licensed child care, foster care, or other similar social service care on the premises. Medical marijuana use is also illegal in health care facilities and other places where smoking is forbidden under the Clean Indoor Air Act of 2006, as well as in close proximity to anybody under the age of 18.

Q. Do registry identification cards issued by other states’ medical marijuana programs work in Arkansas?

With approval as a visiting patient, a qualifying patient may obtain marijuana from a dispensary.

Here is where you may fill out the application for a visiting patient.

The cost of an application for a visiting patient is $50.00. (non-refundable). A visiting patient may acquire medical marijuana in Arkansas for a 30-day period if approved, according to the application.

Q. If I am a member of the Arkansas National Guard or the United States military, may I get a qualified patient or designated caregiver registry ID card?

Members of the Arkansas National Guard and the United States military are unable to receive a qualified patient or designated caregiver registration ID card due to legislation passed in 2017.

Q. How long will it take for my application to be processed?

The processing period ranges from 10 to 14 days.

Q. Will I be issued a temporary identification card while my application is being processed?

Temporary medicinal marijuana cards are not issued by the Arkansas Department of Health.

Questions about ID cards include:

Q. What should I do if my register identity card is lost, stolen, or destroyed, and is there a price to replace it?

You can print or reprint your own card using your AMMsys account if the application was submitted online. Each reprint invalidates the validity of the previous card.

Please complete the CHANGE OF ADDRESS/LOST CARD form if applying by mail. Send us the form, and we’ll send you a replacement card. Replacement cards will be processed once all new applicants have been processed and granted cards, therefore there may be a delay in receiving one.

Q. I got my register identification card, but it misspelled my name (or has other incorrect information). So, what do I do now?

You may complete and submit the change form if the application was completed online.

If you applied by mail, fill out the change form and mail it to the office.

As soon as feasible, a corrected replacement card will be delivered. The previous card is no longer valid once a replacement is issued.

Q. Can I still buy medicinal marijuana if my registry identification card has expired and I haven’t submitted my renewal application by the deadline?

No, the legal protection provided by the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Act ends when your card expires. You can still submit an application for renewal.

Q. Will my card be automatically emailed or shipped to me?

Once your application has been granted, you will receive a physical card in the mail. Email will not be used to send cards. If you applied online, you can print a copy of your card from the Arkansas Medical Marijuana System.

Medical-related questions include:

Q. What are the eligibility requirements?

  • Cancer \sGlaucoma
  • Human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immune deficiency syndrome positive status
  • Hepatitis C is a virus that infects the liver.
  • Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a type of amyotrophic lateral
  • Tourette’s syndrome is a type of tic disorder.
  • Crohn’s disease is a chronic inflammatory bowel illness that affects
  • Colitis ulcerative
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a type of anxiety illness that occurs
  • Arthritis is a severe form of arthritis.
  • Fibromyalgia
  • Alzheimer’s disease is a type of dementia.
  • Cachexia, also known as wasting syndrome, is a condition in which the body stores fat
  • Peripheral neuropathy is a condition that affects the peripheral nerves.
  • For more than six (6) months, intractable pain has failed to respond to standard drugs, treatments, or surgical measures.
  • Nausea that is severe
  • Seizures, including but not limited to those associated with epilepsy
  • Muscle spasms that are severe and persistent, including but not limited to those associated with multiple sclerosis and any other medical condition or treatment that has been approved by the Department of Health.

Q. Can the list be expanded to include more medical conditions?

Patients with medical ailments can petition the department for a disease to be considered. The agency must approve or deny a petition within one hundred (120) days after receiving it after a hearing. For more information on the petition, go here.

Q. If I have one of the debilitating medical problems, do I qualify as a patient automatically?

A medical physician’s formal written certification must be obtained and presented with the application.

Physicians-Related Questions:

Q. Can you tell me which doctors can certify me for medical marijuana?

The medical provider must be an Arkansas-licensed doctor of medicine or osteopath, have a controlled substances license on file with the DEA, be in good standing to practice medicine in Arkansas, and have a genuine physician-patient relationship with the patient they’re certifying for medical cannabis.

Q. Is there a list of doctors in my region who can provide me with a Medical Marijuana card?

A physician list is not kept by the department. Patients will be in charge of finding their own doctor.

Q. If I have a qualifying debilitating medical condition, do my doctors have to fill out the written certification form?

No, a physician is not required to issue a certification to a patient.

Q. When does a physician’s license expire?

The doctor’s certification is only good for 30 days. A patient must obtain a fresh certification if they receive one and do not submit it to the ADH within 30 days.

Questions about the pharmacy:

Q. Do I have to purchase my marijuana from a dispensary?

Yes. Your marijuana must be labeled from one of the Arkansas dispensaries to be protected by the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Act.

Q. Can I cultivate medical marijuana on my own?

No, medical marijuana cannot be grown or cultivated by qualified registered patients or their designated caregivers. Medical marijuana shops in Arkansas are required to sell marijuana-infused products.

Q. As a qualified registered patient, how much medical marijuana may I possess?

Every 14 days, qualified registered patients may purchase up to 2.5 ounces from a dispensary.

Q. Will my marijuana be covered by my insurance or Medicaid?

For more information, please contact your insurance provider or a Medicaid representative.

Q. How do I become a dispenser cultivator?

For information about growing licenses, please contact the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Commission. For information about dispensary licensing, please contact the Arkansas Beverage Control Agency. Click here to contact the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration with questions concerning cultivation and dispensing requirements.

Questions for the Designated Caregiver:

Q. What does it mean to have a designated caregiver?

A designated caregiver is a person chosen by a qualifying patient to be the person entitled to possess, obtain from a certified medical marijuana dispensary, distribute, and assist in the administration of medical marijuana on the qualifying patient’s behalf. Caregivers must fill out an application for a registry card. A medical marijuana registry identification card is given to a designated caregiver, allowing him or her to possess up to 2.5 ounces of medical marijuana on behalf of their patient. It is illegal for caregivers to ingest medical marijuana dispensed on behalf of a registered eligible patient in any way.

Q. What is the process for becoming a designated caregiver?

Here is where you can apply to be a designated caregiver.

Is a caregiver card required to purchase MMJ for my child?

Yes. Patients under the age of 18 are not permitted to obtain medical marijuana from an online dispensary. To purchase medical marijuana for a minor, the legal guardian or parent must first register as a caregiver.

Q. Is it possible for a caregiver to care for more than one patient?

Yes. More than one patient may be served by a caregiver. Each patient’s caregiver must apply for a registration card and pay $50 for each registry card.

Q. Is it possible for a caregiver to be a registered qualified patient as well?

Yes. A caregiver could be a qualified patient who has been registered.